For our Conditions of Use and Rules for climbers not under instruction, please see downloads page.
COURSES & PRE-BOOKED SESSIONS
1) By signing up for any instructed session or course run by The Pinnacle Climbing Centre you are acknowledging the BMC’s participation statement and our terms and conditions shown below.
“The British Mountaineering Council recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.”
2) No group member may climb without the instructor’s supervision, and it is vital that you listen to and co-operate with instructors and centre staff at all times.
3) Sessions must start and end on time. If a group/participant is late, the session will not be run over to accommodate this. This is because we usually have sessions running back-to-back and your specific time slot has been allocated.
4) The Pinnacle Climbing Centre reserves the right to cancel any course if there are not a minimum of 4 people attending. We will try to give 24 hours notice of the cancellation of a course wherever possible. This will not apply to private sessions such as tasters, inductions and parties, but will apply to sessions such as RockeeZ, Holiday Kids Clubs and Beginners Courses.
5) All bookings are made direct with The Pinnacle Climbing Centre/Pinnacle Challenge Limited.
6) No booking will be confirmed until the minimum non-refundable deposit has been paid. This must be paid at the time of booking either by cash, credit or debit card. (The only exception to this is if you hold a credit account with us). Full payment is required for all sessions and courses, with the exception being parties and group bookings where a minimum 50% deposit is required.
6.1) The minimum deposit once paid is non-refundable, however, provided that you notify us a minimum of 48 hours prior to the start of the booked session, we will allow you to rebook your session in an alternative available time slot, this will only be allowed once and a second cancelation would result in the loss of any monies paid.
6.2) If you cancel your booking within 48 hours of your booked session you will be liable for the full cost of the booking.
6.3) In the event of a later cancellation due to an unforeseen medical emergency, ie within 48 hours of your booked session, if you provide written documentary evidence from your doctor, we may, at the sole discretion of the centre management be able to reschedule your booking.
6.4) In the event of adverse weather conditions, when the official body’s recommendations are that it is unsuitable to drive we may, at the sole discretion of the centre management be able to reschedule your booking, for consideration, you must contact us prior to the start time of your session.
6.5) COURSES OF MULTIPLE SESSIONS - The terms and conditions above apply to the date of the first session. If you are ill and unable to attend the subsequent sessions we may, at the sole discretion of the management, be able to accommodate you on the next available session of the identical course, again, for consideration you must notify us prior to the start of your booked session of your absence.
7) The Pinnacle Climbing Centre reserves the right to remove participants from any session if the Management or Instructors consider that their behaviour compromises or puts at risk the safety or enjoyment of the individual or any other users of the Centre.
8) Cancellation by The Pinnacle Climbing Centre: The Management will make every attempt to ensure that courses/sessions run, but the Pinnacle Climbing Centre reserves the right to cancel such courses/booked session. If a course/session has to be cancelled by The Pinnacle Climbing Centre the customer will be entitled to either a full refund or transfer to an alternative course/session.
9) Neither The Pinnacle Climbing Centre/Pinnacle Challenge Ltd., nor any of its representatives are responsible for injury sustained in the centre, nor are they liable for any loss of personal property, other than in the case of negligence.
The Pinnacle Climbing Centre provides lockers for customers and accepts no responsibility for loss or theft of equipment or personal possessions. Please do not leave personal belongings in the lockers overnight or unattended in the centre; any items left will be placed in the lost property area and kept for one month; after that time items will be disposed of. The Pinnacle Climbing Centre accepts no responsibility for vehicles or their contents whilst parked in the car park, and you are reminded not to leave valuables on show.